About Friargate Counselling & Psychotherapy
I am Miricia, an experienced, fully qualified BACP registered counsellor and psychotherapist. I have many years' experience in the mental health field along with formal training that provides me with a solid foundation to practice as an integrative counsellor. I have worked in private practise, businesses, charities, schools and have also featured on BBC Radio Two.
In addition to my private practice I have experience in various mental health settings, having worked in the mental health field for the NHS in London, and as a counsellor for various employee assistance programmes, community counselling services and as a voluntary counsellor and referral officer in South Africa.
I also have diverse experience of working with clients with enduring mental health issues and working with clients from different cultures and all walks of life. I can offer you a caring and confidential service where you can explore positive solutions that are right for you and your situation.
Choosing the right therapist involves finding someone you feel you can work with and trust. It is also important that the therapist has undertaken thorough training, and is appropriately registered with the relevant professional bodies.
I Hold the Following Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- MSc degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Reg. MBACP
- Pg Cert. Group Dynamics (Sociology)
- BA Honours degree in Psychology
- B. Psych degree
- Specialised Training in Couples and Relationship Counselling
- Exploring the Intersections of Gender and Sexuality training
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation & Dissociation training
- Working with children and young people (BACP)
- Living with Combination Therapy training
- Gestalt in Action training
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy for Psychosis training
- Dual Diagnosis training
I am also committed to my on-going personal development and attend relevant training courses and workshops to enhance my practice